For most people, buying a home means having a mortgage, and that means relying on their mortgage servicing company to properly process and apply payments, handle escrow for taxes and insurance, and provide other support services related to their mortgage. Most mortgage services do just that. But unfortunately, servicing companies can and do make mistakes. And that can lead to a host of trouble.
Mortgage Servicing Errors
Even a small error can result in credit damage, financial strain, and needless stress. In the worst-case scenario, borrowers can wind up facing a foreclosure through no fault of their own. Some of the most common mortgage servicing errors and violations include:
- Failure to apply payments promptly
- Payment misapplication
- Illegal and/or unreasonable or unnecessary fees and charges
- Escrow errors
- Failing to convert a trial loan modification into a permanent modification
- Failing to honor a loan modification, especially after transfers of servicing
- Wrongful foreclosure
- Failing to provide information and/or failing to correct errors regarding the servicing of borrowers’ mortgage loans
Get help with mortgage servicing violations.
Mortgage servicing errors can be difficult to prove and even harder to fix without experienced counsel. At Kellett & Bartholow PLLC, we help homeowners in and around Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and around the nation protect their homes and their rights. With more than 50 years of combined legal experience, our team is skilled in handling all sorts of mortgage servicing problems. If you’re dealing with a mortgage servicing issue, let us help you. Contact Kellett & Bartholow PLLC to schedule a confidential consultation today.